Peter Kardia studied for three years in the Sculpture School at the Slade under Professor Gerrard during the 1950’s. In this period he met Henry Moore who was a visiting lecturer there.. When he completed his course he was invited by Moore to work as a studio assistant at Perry Green, near Much Hadham. He taught at Leeds College of Art before in 1964 taking up a full-time post at St Martin’s School of Art coordinating the First Year studies between Painting and Sculpture. Subsequently he worked on the Advanced Course before in the late sixties setting up the experimental “Locked Room Course” and the "A" Course. In 1973 he left St Martin’s to set up the Environmental Media Department at the Royal College of Art which he ran until its closure in 1986. He is currently a visiting lecturer at the Royal Academy of Art.