Carolyne Kardia (born London 1951) studied at St Martin’s School of Art from 1971-1973 and at the Royal College of Art, Sculpture School from 1974-1977. Her first solo exhibition was at Felicity Samuel Gallery, London in 1978. Her early work took the form of sculptural installation using cast components in response to specific architectural features. In 1987 she began working in colour and painting has become a central part of her practice. She continues to make sculpture, casting plaster in situ often in conjunction with her two-dimensional work. Recent exhibitions include: London House Brussels, Max Planck Institute in Berlin, Dorset County Museum and a new commission for Northampton Hospital, Kings Fund. She lives and works in Dorset.